Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A War of Hearts and Minds

People who have known me for the past years could easily deduce the fact that I have the toughest exterior when it comes to work. Those who were never close to me can just easily give you a run-down on how cold-hearted, cruel, tactless and unforgiving I am particularly on working relations that never seem to work. That's how I reach my goal in work (and school), and that's the side of me that people always misunderstand... for far too many times.

On the other hand, it can also be easily said that I have the most delicate side with the matters of the heart. Yes I do fall for cupid's arrow fairly quickly, through the hits and misses. But when I do fall for it, I treasure it like the rarest gem on the planet.

And when I do... what happens?

Sometimes I get blinded by what I see. Sometimes I can even get mad in the spur of the moment. And sometimes... just sometimes, I tend to believe in things that have no basis in reality. But just to prove a point, even if I may get caught up in the whirlwind of things I still do think clearly and have the right judgment on things.

But what if things are too complex?

I just go about my day, think reflect meditate... whatever, hope and pray for the best. I'm not the overly-exceedingly manipulative, possessive b*tch and high-maintenance person I was before.

A SIMPLE SORRY WOULD SUFFICE.
Nothing more, nothing less.
No frilly things and flowery words.
Just a simple 'sorry'.

I do not need elaborate apologies and a highly narrative explanation to boot. One word is enough to calm me down.

Is it too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment