Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Maintaining Positivity

I'm a notorious pessimist. I know, I know. But I'm trying to veer away from this emotionally-damaging attitude.

These days, I get those "attacks" of negativity. I can't even clearly pinpoint the source of it. That was why I ranted a lot of mood-swing-worthy tweets for the past few days. Again, I apologize. *sigh*

I'm brooding over a problem not worthy of constant worrying. Gets?

Good thing I read Day 12 from the Purpose Driven Life. It's very timely that I got teary-eyed while reading it at work:

"Pain is the fuel of passion - it energizes us with an intensity to change that we don't normally possess. C.S. Lewis said, 'Pain is God's megaphone.' It's God's way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy. Your problems are not punishment; they are wake-up calls from a loving God."

I really don't know. I'm feeling pain hurt na hindi ko alam kung bakit ko nararamdaman. But still, dapat positive pa rin. I remember telling my student that "we should always be positive". Natuwa naman ako kasi sabi niya, "You have a very good characteristic." Sana nga ganun ako. Ako yun. Ike-claim ko yun!

So, today I decided to actually write my answer in today's Question to Consider. Someone's going to borrow my book kasi, but I hope they'd appreciate what I've written down.
"What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?"
"Love like Christ..."

~~ Understanding. That's what I need right now. That's what I should have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment