Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where Will My Feet Take Me This 2012?

I'm back... Hello 2012!

For the past few days, I've been thinking of an appropriate post for the New Year but obviously I couldn't think of any. My mind just seems to be bursting with so much ideas and plans of what I want to do for this year - my career, travels, getting in touch with friends and so on...

Even at this very moment, I can't clearly sum it all up. They're pretty much jumbled in my head so far. So, my apologies if at times I might not make sense or if my rambling seems a little... random.

Anyway, I think here are some of the things I'd like to take a chance on for this year:

  1. Career change - I like my jobs, no offense. But unfortunately, I've grown tired of them and I feel that I'm being left behind already. I have to get a head start on the "right" career path because if I don't, I'd certainly regret it.
  2. Learn a new language - This was actually one of my plans for 2010 but since I did so many trainings related to my (actual, but non-practicing) profession, this one took a temporary backseat. I think I'd fancy learning either Spanish or French. Hopefully, I'd be able to do it (finally) this time around.
  3. Travel - I plan to go to at least three different places before the year ends. Domestic travels would do. :)
  4. Hobbies - Not many people know that I used to do theater and simple graphic art - ages ago. But years have gone by and I don't even know if I still know how to do it, though I'd like to pursue them at some point. From time to time, opportunities come knocking on my door but for some reason I didn't give it much attention. Maybe there's a right time for me to kind of go back to it and see where it leads. If it's all for His glory, then why not?
But aside from that, I'd like to give more time on my relationship with God through service with my new-found SFC family, my own family, my God's gift, and friends. I think I'm slowly finding solid ground with how my life has been for the past year after finishing college. I mean, I'm no longer wrapped up in this naive perspective of the world. I may have had big dreams, and mind you I still do, but I know that as long as I have these wonderful people in my life I'd be able to get by. It may not be as grand as I had planned in mind, but as Proverbs 16:9 said,

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

I know that the Lord's plans are greater than mine and that He's waiting for the right season to unveil greater things. I gotta learn to be patient. :)

I hope everything goes well this year. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Kasi naman, pinagsasabihan kita ng mga auditions that I encourage you to go to, pero di ka naman pumupunta, hahaha. Your voice will take you someplace kasi, sa dami ng mga kung anu-anong prods ngayon. Or may workshops ulit this summer sa TP. Gora na! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your voice will take you someplace"

    - na-touch naman ako dito. Alam nyo namang lagi akong walang confidence sa boses ko eh. :) Pero syempre, balak ko na talaga sya i-pursue this year. As in. Magwo-workshop ka ba ulit sa TP? Lezgow? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pag ni-offer ulit ang Rehearsal and Performance Techniques this summer, go ako sa workshop, hehe. Suki na nila ako dun eh, hahaha! Narinig ko kasi na may mga classes na mawawala. Hopefully wag naman talaga. =)

    ReplyDelete