Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Supernova

supernova 
noun: is a rare star that explodes and suddenly becomes much brighter


I learned quite a few things about LOVE from American Dad today
(Yes, it's kind of educational, at times... well rarely. And it's one of those rare times, I guess)
And it got me thinking of the things I had to change just for YOU to love me
Because the way I understood it a long way back, you'll never accept me for who I truly am.

I stopped being LOUD, when it was my way of expressing feelings,
I stopped playing percussions, because you said "it wasn't cool for a girl like me",
I stopped partying late at night 'til dawn, because for you it was "unfit for a lady"
I was young and vulnerable, so I listened.

I lost myself... my identity in the process.
And maybe that's why I rebelled too much and was angry at you most of the time.
But now, I'm taking baby steps in regaining the things I lost.
Because before you, I was a HAPPY person.
Yeah sure, I was BORING like you said, but I had moments of clarity...
Moments of insanity and being an insanely happier human being.
I'm currently working on it.
And my friends will be glad to say that SUPERNOVA is back.
Respect.

So listen to this song, because it's totally talking about you and how you treated me in my opinion.
Hopefully one day, I'll find that guy.
Maybe an improved you in the future, or maybe that guy who'll totally love me for all my quirks.
We'll see. =)

--------------------------------------------

According to You by Orianthi


According to you
I'm stupid, I'm useless, I can't do anything right
According to you
I'm difficult, hard to please, forever changing my mind
I'm a mess in a dress, can't show up on time, even if it would save my life
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him
I'm funny, irresistible, everything he ever wanted
Everything is opposite, I don't feel like stopping it
So baby tell me what I got to lose
He's into me for everything I'm not according to you.

According to you
I'm boring, I'm moody, and you can't take me any place
According to you
I suck at telling jokes cause I always give it away
I'm the girl with the worst attention span; you're the boy who puts up with that
According to you. According to you.

I need to feel appreciated, like I'm not hated
Why can't you see me through his eyes?
It's too bad you're making me decide

No comments:

Post a Comment